Dynamic small downtown Richmond marketing firm looking for an energetic on-site web designer and front-end developer to fill out its growing team.
Position offers the opportunity to work in a small, collaborative environment on projects for local and national clients. The office offers a relaxed atmosphere, great work/life balance and sometimes terrible music.
Searching for a web designer who can do basic code and can manage multiple concurrent WordPress website installations. Position also gives you an opportunity to work in a multi-channel environment developing concepts and layout design, digital advertising, marketing email design and programming, website layout design, programming, hosting, maintenance and deployment.
- BA or similar degree in Graphic Design/Visual Communications and 2 years experience
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Strong design skill in creating distinct and cohesive brand communications
- Expertise with responsive web design and solid working knowledge of UX principles
- Strong understanding of typography and layout design
- Ability to generate creative marketing concepts for a variety of channels
- Experience with WordPress theme development and the ability to edit the PHP when necessary
- Strong working knowledge developing cross platform/browser compatibility (IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc.)
- Translating comps/prototypes/wireframes into semantically correct web templates
- Knowledge of responsive design principles and translating into fluid and responsive templates
- Experience with coding HTML emails and implementation with 3rd party software (Constant Contact, Mailchimp, etc.)
- Experience with MySQL database management and migration as related to WordPress installations
Send resume, portfolio link and salary requirements for consideration.